Code of Ethics
Serving all 5 boroughs of New York
Schumacher & Farley’s Code of Ethics.
Schumacher & Farley is a proud member of The Nexstar Network, an international “best practices” association of plumbing, heating & cooling, and electrical contractors. As such, we fully subscribe to our association’s Code of Ethics, and practice all of its component parts daily.
WE WILL SERVE our customers with integrity, competence, and objectivity. WE WILL DELIVER to our customer all that we promised through value-added services. WE WILL PERFORM our work to meet or exceed technical codes. WE WILL EXPLORE each customer situation in sufficient detail and gather sufficient facts to gain an understanding of the problems, the scope of assistance needed, and the possible benefits our service and technical recommendations may provide our customers.
- WE REGARD our employees’ satisfaction on a par with customer service and company profitability.
- WE WILL provide training for all our employees on an ongoing basis to improve and uphold high performance standards.
- WE WILL PERFORM jobs for which we are qualified by our experience and technical competence.
- WE WILL NOT provide services to a customer under terms or conditions that might damage or compromise the integrity of our trade and profession. We will follow the Golden Rule.
- WE WILL NOT advertise our services in a deceptive manner.
- WE WILL MAINTAIN a wholly professional attitude and behavior toward those we serve: our fellow contractors, our own employees, our suppliers, and the public at large.
- WE WILL AGREE with our customers independently and in advance on the basis for our fees. Our fees will be commensurate with the quality of the services we deliver and the responsibility we accept.
- WE WILL MAINTAIN a profitable business as part of our responsibility to our employees and our families.
- WE WILL BE MINDFUL of the honest value received by our customers and our right to an ethical profit.
- WE WILL BE GOOD corporate citizens.
- WE WILL PROTECT the health and safety of our communities by sharing knowledge of new environmental developments and technological advancements within the communities we serve.